AffiliationI'm a member of the High-Assurance Software Laboratory, a research center of the University of Minho and a privileged partner of the INESC TEC associate laboratory. I'm also assistant professor at the Department of Informatics of University of Minho.
TeachingIn the last years I've taught several courses on formal methods, functional programming, program calculation, algorithms and data structures and cryptography.
ResearchMy main research interests are formal methods, functional programming, and model transformation. I've finished my PhD on Point-free Program Calculation in the context of the PURe project, and developed a couple of libraries and tools for point-free programming and program transformation. Currently, I'm mainly working on bidirectional transformation and model-driven engineering with Alloy. In particular, I'm the coordinator of the FATBIT project on foundations, applications and tools for bidirectional transformation. Among others, we are currently developing the Echo tool for bidirectional model transformation with QVT-R. I'm also involved in the developing of a toolset for integrating the MDA with Alloy, namely tools to transform between Alloy and UML class diagrams enriched with OCL, and vice-versa. More info on the project's SourceForge page.
A full list of my publications can be found here, at DBLP, or at Google Scholar.
- 1st international workshop on Haskell And Rewriting Techniques (HART'13).
- 1st international conference on Model-Driven Engineering and Software Development (MODELSWARD'13).
- 5th international conference on Model Transformation (ICMT'12).
- 1st international workshop on Bidirectional Transformations (BX'12).
- 3rd international workshop on Mathematically Structured Functional Programming (MSFP'10).
Other professional activities
- Visiting scholar at the Software Design Group at CSAIL, MIT, from February to July 2012.
- Academic visitor at the School of Engineering and Computer Science at Victoria University of Wellington, from March to June 2010.
- Member of the organizing committee of LDTA'07, GTTSE'07, and INFORUM'11.
HobbiesI love to travel and I love photography. My favorite sports are cycling, both road and mountain, and sailing.
Departamento de Informática
Universidade do Minho
Campus de Gualtar